IBCP Code of Ethics
All members of the International Board of Coaches and Practitioners (IBCP) are required to maintain the integrity of the profession by adhering to the following code of professional ethics:
- Member shall obey all federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning the practice of Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, TIME Techniques™, EFT, Coaching and Reiki.
- All discussions and details arising from interaction with your clients are confidential. No third party will have access to information given to you by your clients. Exceptions to this rule are applicable if a) you are required to divulge information by force of law; b) your, your client's or a third party's life, safety, physical health or mental health are at risk by withholding such private information; c) the client has given you written permission to divulge such information, and then, only in accordance with such permission.
- If, during the course of a session, information is divulged that would indicate the need for a referral or consultation with other professionals, the session will be terminated and the referral or consultation will be made, if requested by the client.
- If you are working by referral from another professional, you shall only perform the services as specified in the referral, and will terminate your relationship with the client after such services are performed.
- Member must conduct sessions in a professional manner and within a professional setting.
- Sexual activity is prohibited between you and your clients during the course of the therapy and for a period of two years after the professional relationship has ended.
- Prior to entering into a professional relationship, you must disclose to your clients the nature of the therapy, the purpose of the therapy, the anticipated length of the therapy and the potential cost of the therapy. No service will be provided until an informed consent is secured from the client.
- You will terminate your relationship with a client when the client no longer receives benefit from continued assistance, and shall not provide services to the client if you don't have a good-faith belief that the client will benefit from those services.
- You shall have a responsible attitude and strive to maintain a good reputation for all therapists in our fields through your personal conduct.
- You shall not hold you or your services out in a deceptive, misleading or fraudulent manner.
- You shall conduct all business and services in accordance with all levels of government and international laws.
- You maintain and further your education with material and innovations in your field of interest.
Enroll in the IBCP Today
Enrolling in the International Board of Coaches and Practitioners is easy. Simply sign up using our secure online form, or print an enrollment form and mail or fax it to us. Click here to enroll using either method.